Tanya Sloane – M.Sc., R.SLP, S-LP (C)
Tanya Sloane has more than 20 years of experience in Speech Language Pathology. Tanya is a certified Speech-Language Pathologist with Speech-Language & Audiology Canada (SAC), a registered member in good standing with the Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists (ACSLPA), and a Hanen Certified SLP. Tanya has a strong background in working with diverse populations on multidisciplinary teams. Her professional history includes positions such as school Speech Language Pathologist with Alberta Health Services, Speech Language Pathologist at the Alberta Children’s Hospital within the mental health clinic and the neurosciences clinic, a Private Practitioner as well as a Clinical Coordinator.
Tanya regularly volunteers her time to assist local and national organizations. She has served as a board member with both ACSLPA and ASAPP, in the past. In the past, Tanya held a position as chair of the program working group for SAC and was a member of the conference working group for ACSLPA.
Tanya became interested in supporting children and their families while working with young children in early intervention programs during the completion of her undergraduate degree. Following the completion of her Master’s degree, Tanya has continued to work in a variety of pediatric settings including preschools, elementary schools, hospitals, clinics and home settings. She is adept at screening, standardized testing, therapy, parent training, program planning and collaborative care. Over the years, Tanya has been driven to enhance children’s learning and inclusion within their communities.
Tanya is the co-founder of Pathways Pediatric Services which opened in 2015. Pathways was founded to offer families flexible options for the care of their children.
Tanya actively attends continuing education workshops. Her advanced training includes:
Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- Tanya Sloane, Pathways Clinic Director, is recognized by Apraxia Kids for Advanced Training and Expertise in Childhood Apraxia of Speech
- Advanced Seminar in Apraxia
- Nuffield Dyspraxia Programme (NDP3)
- PROMPT Level 1 Certification
- Kaufman Speech Praxis Treatment Training Course
- ReST Rapid Syllable Transition Training (Self Study)
- Dynamic Temporal and Tactile Cueing (Self Study)
- It Takes Two to Talk ® – The Hanen Program ® for Parents of Children with Language Delays
- More Than Words ® – The Hanen Program ® for Parents of Children on the Autism Spectrum
- Talkability ® – The Hanen Program ® for Parents of Children with Social Communication Delays
- Learning Language and Loving It ® – The Hanen Program ® for Early Childhood Educators
Connect with Tanya on Linkedin